Sunday, December 7, 2008

Updating Practical Django Projects from .96 to 1.0

I'm back on the train again and have been working through Practical Django Projects by James Bennett. Excellent writing and fantastic resource to thus far.

I've run into a bit of a hurdle in working with the included codebase (built on .96) and the latest stable release (Django 1.0.2) and got really excited when I found Brett Hayden's notes on the book. Haven't gotten through it all yet, but from the looks of it, he's got the updated code samples that will help. Check out these updates for the updated code.

I'll report back when I've finished.

Edit: I'm back, and wow, BIG ups to Brett for his notes. Super helpful. I'd buy him a beer or two for the time it's save me.

1 comment:

Scott McCracken said...

If you like "Practical Django Projects", make sure to checkout James Bennett's Blog for some of the most informative and interesting articles on Django development online.